About the Admission Process
The Emerson Academy is a college preparatory school that accepts a variety of students, Grades 5 through 12, who have different strengths, abilities and talents. We accept students throughout the academic year, and also offer an after-school program and a summer school program.
Our mission is to provide a college preparatory education to students who have difficulty in traditional classrooms, or otherwise require alternative academic arrangements. We welcome students of ALL learning abilities. The Academy celebrates cultural diversity among all learners and encourages students to step into roles of leadership in their community.
• An initial parent meeting
• A school visit by the student
• A follow-up meeting by the parents.
Parents are required to provide all previous student records, necessary vaccination verification, and any work samples, IEP’s or letters from schools that help us formulate a picture of the student and his / her current level.
• A large, two-room school that encourages group interaction, yet allows for individuality
• A computer for each student
• Advanced classes for younger students
• Strong focus on academic principles, including AP and college classes
• Barton Reading program, or Wilson program, for students with dyslexia
• Intensive math review for students with dyscalculia
• College prep courses adapted for students with individual learning needs
• Meticulously-designed courses, for each student’s needs
• Organizational strategies implemented in every subject
• Our students attend a variety of colleges after they graduate
• Accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges
• Grades 7 through 12
• Total students: average 15-20
• Student Ratio: one teacher for every 3-4 students
• Hours: 8:00am to 3:00pm M-Th, Fri 8:00am to 1:00pm
• Extended hours: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
• School year: September to June
• Enrollment: Year-round, subject to availability
• School Tours: Call as needed
• Director: Ms. Sonia Roman